- To annually induct new nominees from all walks of musical life and across the wide spectrum of musical styles and disciplines.
- To hold annual induction ceremonies to welcome new inductees to the Hall.
- To be a repository for awards, artifacts, memorabilia, displays, and information regarding inductees in particular and the musical heritage of Rochester in general.
- To be a community resource for musical education and research.
- To inspire and encourage current and future generations to explore their own musical potential.
- To provide a forum to spotlight local musical talent.
- To sponsor, promote, or participate in local musical events and concerts.